Support for Research Data Management among U.S. Academic Institutions: Results from a National Survey Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Support for Research Data Management among U.S. Academic Institutions: Results from a National Survey
Author: Moen, William E.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Halbert, MartinCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Organizer of meeting: Association for Computing MachineryContributor Type: Organization
Organizer of meeting: Institute of Electrical and Electronics EngineersContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 2012-01-26
- Content Description: Report on survey results on research data management among United States academic institutions.
- Physical Description: 20 p.
- Keyword: research data management
- Keyword: preservation
- Keyword: digital curation
- Keyword: academic libraries
- Conference: Joint Conference on Digital Libraries, 2012, Washington DC, United States
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT College of InformationCode: UNTCOI
- Rights Access: public
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc181695
- Academic Department: Library and Information Science
- Academic Department: Texas Center for Digital Knowledge
- Academic Department: Libraries
- Display Note: Abstract: The evolving landscape of scholarly production presents academic libraries with new opportunities and challenges for curating, managing, and preserving the inputs and outputs of research and scholarship. To better gauge librarians' expectations and perceptions of research data management the Texas Center for Digital Knowledge and the University Libraries at the University of North Texas conducted a survey of librarians from 200 U.S. research institutions in Fall 2010. The survey, 'Support for Research Data Management among U.S. Academic Institutions,' intended to survey current librarian efforts and attitudes towards management of research data and the role of librarians in supporting scholarship as research data increasingly becomes digital. This report presents the results of the survey.