GPS Tracking of High Power Model Rockets Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title GPS Tracking of High Power Model Rockets
- Series Title Research Experiences for Teachers in Sensor Networks
Author: Gscheidle, Karl H.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Carrollton-Farmers Branch Independent School District
Author: Hardy, DebraCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Krum Independent School District
Author: Kulle, GregoryCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Lewisville Independent School District
Author: Bih, MichaelCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Allen Independent School District
Contributor: Acevedo, Miguel F.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Faculty Mentor; University of North Texas
Contributor: Kollipara, NaveenCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Research Assistant; University of North Texas
Funder: National Science Foundation (U.S.)Contributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 2013
- Physical Description: 1 p.: ill.
- Content Description: Poster presented as part of the Research Experiences for Teachers (RET) in Sensor Education, a National Science Foundation (NSF) funded grant project. This poster discusses research on GPS/GSM based tracking systems for the recovery of high power model rockets.
- Keyword: Arduino
- Keyword: GPS tracking systems
- Keyword: high-power rockets
- Grant: National Science Foundation (U.S.) Research Experiences for Teachers in Sensor Networks Grant # 1132585
- References: GPS/GSM Based Tracking System for the Recovery of High Power Model Rockets, ark:/67531/metadc181666
- Is Version Of: Rocket Recovery Systems for High Power Model Rocketry, ark:/67531/metadc226882
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT College of EngineeringCode: UNTCOE
- Rights Access: public
- Grant Number: 1132585
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc181665
- Academic Department: Electrical Engineering
- Academic Department: Geography
- Display Note: Abstract: High school curriculum based rocket launches frequently land out of sight. Recovery of the rocket is difficult if not impossible, potentially costing hundreds of dollars. The goal of the RET summer project is to develop a rocket recovery system with sensor networks and wireless communication. The teachers will gain experience on the development and operation of GPS, data transmission applications, and programming the Arduino.