[McConnell Memorial Tower at North Texas State College] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [McConnell Memorial Tower at North Texas State College]
Donor: University of North Texas. University Relations, Communications and Marketing.Contributor Type: Organization
- Content Description: Photograph of the McConnell Memorial Tower, part of the Administration Building at North Texas State College. This photograph was taken from ground level, looking up at the tower. "ADMINISTRATION BUILDING" is inscribed above the columns and entryway to the Administration Building. The clock face is visible on the tower, which housed a carillon and a set of Westminster chimes.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : negative, b&w ; 4 x 5 in.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: University of North Texas -- Photographs.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: College campuses -- Texas -- Denton -- Photographs.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Education - Colleges and Universities - University of North Texas
- Keyword: university campuses
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: North Texas State College -- Photographs.
- Keyword: UNT
- Keyword: college campuses
- Keyword: Administration Building
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Architecture - Buildings
- Keyword: Hurley Administration Building
- Keyword: McConnell Memorial Tower
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Towers.
- Keyword: clock towers
- Item is a Primary Source
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Denton County - Denton
- Place Point: north=33.2111479603962; east=-97.14846009999997;
Name: University of North Texas ArchivesCode: UNTA
Name: University Photography CollectionCode: UNTPC
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- Accession or Local Control No: UNTA_U0458-090-004-02
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc179024
- Display Note: The McConnell Memorial Tower was dedicated on December 16, 1956, as part of the Administration Building. The tower housed a carillon and a set of Westminster chimes. The tower was named after W. Joseph McConnell, president of North Texas State Teachers College/North Texas State College from 1934 to 1951.