Two-Dimensional Irrotational Transonic Flows of a Compressible Fluid Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Two-Dimensional Irrotational Transonic Flows of a Compressible Fluid
- Series Title Technical note (United States. National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics)
- Series Title NACA Technical Notes
- Added Title Technical note (United States. National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics) no. 1445
- Added Title National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics technical note no. 1445
- Series Title NACA Collection Reports
Author: Kuo, Yung-HuaiCreator Type: Personal
Originator: United States. National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: United States. National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1948-06
- Content Description: The methods of NACA TN No. 995 have been slightly modified and extended in include flows with circulation by considering the alteration of the singularities of the incompressible solution due to the presence of the hypergeometric functions in the analytic continuation of the solution. It was found that for finite Mach numbers the only case in which the nature of the singularity can remain unchanged is for a ratio of specific heats equal to -1. From a study of two particular flows it seems that the effect of geometry cannot be neglected, and the conventional "pressure-correction" formulas are not valid, even in the subsonic region if the body is thick, especially if there is a supersonic region in the flow.
- Physical Description: 91 p. : ill., tables ; 28 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Fluid dynamics.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Aerodynamics, Transonic.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Air flow.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Numerical analysis.
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 656426884
- SuDoc Number: Y 3.N 21/5:6/1445
- Report No.: 1445
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc172480