Extended Date/Time Format (EDTF) Dates Research Datasets Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Extended Date/Time Format (EDTF) Dates Research Datasets
Author: Phillips, Mark EdwardCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
- Creation: 2013-02-28
- Content Description: Two datasets, each with 390,751 date samples from the UNT Libraries' digital collections. These samples were compiled for research regarding the Extended Date/Time Format (EDTF) standard. The first dataset contains a concatenated list of date values from the metadata records in The Portal to Texas History, the UNT Digital Library, and The Gateway to Oklahoma History. The "classified" dataset includes labels expressing whether each date is EDTF-valid and the level of conformance.
- Physical Description: 2 datasets ; 3,757 KB and 10,669 KB
- Keyword: date formats
- Keyword: time formats
- Keyword: digital library collections
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Metadata.
- Keyword: Extended Date/Time Format
- Keyword: EDTF
- Keyword: formatting guidelines
- Keyword: metadata entry
- Keyword: user interfaces
- Keyword: date displays
- Item is a Primary Source
- Is Referenced By: Lessons Learned in Implementing the Extended Date/Time Format in a Large Digital Library, ark:/67531/metadc174739
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT Data RepositoryCode: UNTDRD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights License: pd
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc172363
- Academic Department: Digital Projects Unit
- Display Note: For more information on these datasets, download the README.txt file.