Pop Chronicles Interviews #31 - Bobby Darin
Jump to Track:
- "Splish Splash"; "Queen of the Hop"; "Dream Lover"; singing country-style tunes; recording music he likes; adapting to different styles; independence (audio problems) 5:49
- Inside Out album; recording demo records; artists he likes; innovation; Ray Charles; Frank Sinatra; writing his own material 7:25
- Writing for other people versus writing for himself; variety of styles versus one signature sound; authenticity; electric Bob Dylan; variety in his act 5:38
- Darin in 1958; "Mack the Knife"; "Dream Lover" 6:03
- Thoughts on contemporary music scene; comparing the present with the past 4:14
Pop Chronicles Interviews #31 - Bobby Darin, audio recording, November 5, 1967; (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1703849/: accessed July 11, 2020), University of North Texas Libraries, UNT Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Music Library.