Barbe bleue : comédie en prose et en trois actes Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Barbe bleue : comédie en prose et en trois actes
- Uniform Title Raoul Barbe Bleue
Composer: Grétry, André Ernest Modeste, 1741-1813Creator Type: Personal
Librettist: Sedaine, 1719-1797Creator Type: Personal
Name: Chez l'auteurPlace of Publication: Paris
- Creation: 1789
- Digitized: 2008-12
- Physical Description: 1 score (149 p.) ; 33 cm.
- Content Description: Although the story of Bluebeard was familiar to French readers from Charles Perrault’s 1698 collection of children’s tales, transferring it to the operatic stage was problematic due in large part to the gruesome nature of the plot. Other violent works had appeared in Paris, but in this instance, the drama was to be performed at the Comédie-Italienne, which typically featured lighter plots than that of Raoul and Isaure. Nevertheless, the opera had a successful run, receiving over a hundred performances in the decade after its premiere. After its initial popularity, Raoul Bluebeard was staged less frequently, but it still made an impression on nineteenth-century composers, particularly Weber.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Operas -- Scores.
- Other: Comédie
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Virtual Music Rare Book RoomCode: VRBR
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Rights Access: public
- Musical Score/Notation
- UNT Catalog No.: b1365248
- OCLC: 21846730
- RISM No.: RISM A/I G 3992
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc17