Pop Chronicles Interviews #119 - Steve Winwood, Jim Capaldi, Chris Wood
Jump to Track:
- Current British pop; "underground" labeling; formation of Traffic; departure of Dave Mason; sound of the group 0:05:54
- Sound of the group continued; influences and favorite artists; impact of Bob Dylan; the Beatles; question about of replicating album sound on stage 0:05:28
- Group responds; how arrangement are made; whether lyrics or music come first; "Mr. Fantasy" 0:04:38
- Musical backgrounds; the flute in pop rock; musical backgrounds continued 0:03:54
- Steve Winwood, musical background and training; differences between Spencer Davis Group and Traffic; influence of American blues musicians; West Coast groups (U.S.) 0:05:18
- Jefferson Airplane; Mothers of Invention; future directions; impact of Indian music; commercialism; interview concludes 0:04:06
We've identified this sound as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this recording useful in their work.
Pop Chronicles Interviews #119 - Steve Winwood, Jim Capaldi, Chris Wood, audio recording, January 1968; (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1692167/: accessed March 20, 2023), University of North Texas Libraries, UNT Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Music Library.