Pop Chronicles Interviews #4 - Herb Alpert
Jump to Track:
- Sam Cook; Wonderful World; Jan and Dean 0:03:41
- Origins of Tijuana Brass; individual musical tastes; The Lonely Bull 0:05:08
- Variety of projects; live versus studio recording; how band arrangements are done (head arrangements or charted) 0:04:34
- Influence of Clifford Brown, other jazz trumpeters; reception in Mexico and Europe, A&M Records; Jerry Moss 0:04:27
- Future plans and Alpert's approach; interview concludes 0:01:44
Pop Chronicles Interviews #4 - Herb Alpert, audio recording, May 21, 1968; (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1692149/: accessed September 22, 2021), University of North Texas Libraries, UNT Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Music Library.