Pop Chronicles Interviews #159 - Buffy Sainte-Marie
Listen Online transcript
Jump to Track:
- KRLA open session introduction; Sainte-Marie on advice and songwriting; her upbringing and education 0:02:03
- Quotes from reviews and critics; discussion and playing of "Universal Soldier"; songwriting; playing of "Los Pescadores" 0:05:23
- Playing of "Until It's Time for You to Go"; discussion about song and different recordings; playing French-language version of "Until It's Time for You to Go" 0:05:46
- Performance spaces; playing mouth harp; playing of "Waly Waly" 0:05:47
- Native American heritage and community concerns; introduction of "Now That the Buffalo's Gone" 0:03:13
- Playing of "Now That the Buffalo's Gone" and "The Circle Game"; beginning of story about "The Seeds of Brotherhood" 0:05:52
- Story and playing of "The Seeds of Brotherhood"; activities outside of music; being typecast as an actress; program conclusion; announcement for next week's program about The Association 0:03:43
We've identified this sound as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this recording useful in their work.
Pop Chronicles Interviews #159 - Buffy Sainte-Marie, audio recording, 1967/1968; (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1692147/: accessed March 20, 2023), University of North Texas Libraries, UNT Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Music Library.