Pop Chronicles Interviews #116 - Dionne Warwick
Jump to Track:
- Introduction 0:00:18
- Program introduction continued; playing of "Don't Make Me Over"; transition from ensemble to solo singing; educational background 0:04:20
- Burt Bacharach and Hal David; playing of "Anyone Who Had a Heart" 0:04:07
- "Alfie" - discussion and song 0:03:41
- Petula Clark interviewed about Dionne Warwick; Warwick on the Olympia theater in Paris; contact with audience; American and European audiences; introduction to "Walk On By" 0:03:06
- Playing of "Walk On By"; quotation from Leonard Feather and Warwick's response 0:06:25
- Introduction and playing of "Message to Michael"; defying categories; consistency of her act 0:04:40
- Traveling; playing of "The Windows of the World"; admiration of Ella Fitzgerald; program conclusion; brief excerpt of "Windy" by The Association 0:04:48
- Playing of "Windy"; announcer (likely Vaughn Filkins) for Semper Fidelis 0:01:07
We've identified this sound as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this recording useful in their work.
Pop Chronicles Interviews #116 - Dionne Warwick, audio recording, 196X; Pasadena, CA. (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1692113/: accessed March 20, 2023), University of North Texas Libraries, UNT Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Music Library.