Pop Chronicles Interviews #120 - Hank Williams, Jr.
Jump to Track:
- Country scene today (in 1967); pop singers singing country songs; what sets country lyrics apart; urbanization of country music 0:02:10
- Labeling; use of the word "soul"; Hank Williams, Sr.'s singing; album overdubbed with Hank Williams, Sr. 0:02:45
- Bob Dylan's influence on country music, and country music's influence on Bob Dylan; Carl Perkins; rock's country lineage; what he listens to; Ray Charles 0:03:07
- Reception of original and cover songs; influences or artists he likes; blues in country music; movie project (A Time to Sing); songwriting 0:03:37
- Interview concludes 0:00:03
We've identified this sound as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this recording useful in their work.
Pop Chronicles Interviews #120 - Hank Williams, Jr., audio recording, November 27, 1967; (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1692105/: accessed March 20, 2023), University of North Texas Libraries, UNT Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Music Library.