Pop Chronicles Interviews #175 - John Peel
Jump to Track:
- British Invasion; Beatles; British scene aside from Beatles; background music versus active listening; quality of popular music; album versus single buyers; college scene 0:04:39
- Nature of groups that will last; underground scene acceptance; up and coming groups; airplay for American groups in the UK and response 0:04:42
- Blues reception in the UK; racism; reception in the UK of US blues artists; soul music 0:03:24
- Future of group scene; impact of Bob Dylan in the UK; "fusion of the arts" - Pink Floyd, The Doors, and electronic theater; transcending labeling; Tyrannosaurus Rex 0:05:58
- Tyrannosaurus Rex continued; question of whether he is surprised at direction of pop music; Peel responds 0:01:21
Pop Chronicles Interviews #175 - John Peel, audio recording, February 2, 1968; (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1692087/: accessed September 16, 2021), University of North Texas Libraries, UNT Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Music Library.