Pop Chronicles Interviews #79 - Bill Medley
Jump to Track:
- What was going on at time of the Shindig Show; Jack Good, Phil Spector 0:03:09
- White artists sounding like African-American artists; influences; definition of "soul" 0:04:19
- The book Blues People by LeRoi Jones (later Amiri Baraka); continuation of discussion of race, music, and soul; different kinds of soul (cross-references with Little Richard and Judy Collins interviews); Ray Charles; question of rhythm & blues renaissance, role of British musicians; Rolling Stones; Aretha Franklin 0:07:24
- Aretha Franklin and Otis Redding; how arrangements come together; current plans 0:04:52
- Being part of an exciting music scene; thoughts on current music; Gilliland asks what else he wants to discuss; Medley responds (stray audio at end) 0:06:50
Pop Chronicles Interviews #79 - Bill Medley, audio recording, February 22, 1968; (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1692063/: accessed September 24, 2021), University of North Texas Libraries, UNT Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Music Library.