Pop Chronicles Interviews #78 - Roger McGuinn
Jump to Track:
- Initial tape noise; views on music scene; contrast with scene in 1965; background in folk music and rock; what struck him in folk music 0:03:33
- What struck him in folk, continued; what makes good folk music; Bob Dylan; Beatles; explaining "Tambourine Man"; Los Angeles scene, contrasted with New York 0:03:36
- Greenwich Village scene; thoughts on Bob Dylan; how the band came to do "Tambourine Man," and Bob Dylan's reaction; jamming with Dylan at Cirro's 0:03:08
- "Turn, Turn, Turn"; how a song evolves - "Eight Miles High"; how arrangements evolve 0:04:33
- Changes from one performance to another 0:00:32
Pop Chronicles Interviews #78 - Roger McGuinn, audio recording, February 29, 1968; (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1692034/: accessed September 18, 2021), University of North Texas Libraries, UNT Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Music Library.