Use of the Reve Eveille Dirige (Guided Daydream) for Selection of Vocation and College Major Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Use of the Reve Eveille Dirige (Guided Daydream) for Selection of Vocation and College Major
Author: Patrick, Jerry Heard, 1933-Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Bonney, Merl E. (Merl Edwin), 1902-Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Beamer, George C.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Kooker, Earl W.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1965-01
- Content Description: The purpose of this study was to determine the effectiveness of the guided daydream technique as a method for selection of a vocation and major area of study by college students seeking vocational counseling. Choices made by each student were rated by three judges relative to their degree of correspondence with the results of a specific battery of vocational tests which that student had taken. The ratings of these students' choices were compared with similar ratings made by the same judges on a control group of students who had also made choices of vocation and college major but had not participated in the guided daydream session.
- Physical Description: iv, 93 leaves
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Educational psychology.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Educational psychology -- Research.
- Keyword: guided daydream
- Keyword: vocational counseling
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Henderson County
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Denton County - Denton
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Rights Holder: Patrick, Jerry Heard, 1933-
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Call Number: 379 N81d no.134
- Accession or Local Control No: nd_00134
- UNT Catalog No.: b2444547
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc164200
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State University
- Degree Name: Doctor of Education
- Academic Department: School of Education
- Degree Discipline: Education