Pop Chronicles 1940s Program #15
Jump to Track:
- I Can't Begin to Tell You (Harry James with "Ruth Haag" - pseudonym for Betty Grable) 0:04:39
- Along the Navajo Trail (Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters); discussion of Bing Crosby; The Bells of St. Mary's; Aren't You Glad You're You; South America Take It Away; commentary from Bing Crosby, Jimmy Van Heusen 0:14:29
- Put It There Pal (Bob Hope and Bing Crosby in Road to Utopia); Personality; Hoagy Carmichael: Stardust, Doctor, Lawyer, Indian Chief; commentary from Bing Crosby, Jimmy Van Heusen 0:10:12
- Buttermilk Sky (Hoagy Carmichael); The Gypsy (The Ink Spots), Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2; Full Moon and Empty Arms (Frank Sinatra); commentary from Johnny Mercer 0:08:60
- Fred Allen Show with Frank Sinatra (October 21, 1945); Give Me Five Minutes More (Frank Sinatra); The Girl That I Marry (Frank Sinatra); commentary from Sammy Cahn 0:10:28
- Montage of upcoming features 0:01:49
We've identified this sound as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this recording useful in their work.
Pop Chronicles 1940s Program #15, audio recording, 197X; San Francisco. (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1633238/: accessed March 28, 2023), University of North Texas Libraries, UNT Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Music Library.