Pop Chronicles 1940s Program #7
Jump to Track:
- My Devotion to You (Jimmy Dorsey with Bob Eberly); Miss You (Dinah Shore) 0:05:45
- (I've Got Spurs) Jingle, Jangle (Kay Kyser); mass migration related to war effort; Idaho (Benny Goodman with Dick Haymes); songs of Johnny Mercer: Blues in the Night (brief), Tangerine (Jimmy Dorsey with Bob Eberly and Helen O'Connell);, Skylark (Harry James with Helen Forrest), Dearly Beloved (Glenn Miller); commentary from Johnny Mercer 0:11:47
- Strip Polka (Johnny Mercer); discussion about Capitol Records; Cow-Cow Boogie (Freddie Slack with Ella Mae Morse); commentary from Johnny Mercer, Ella Mae Morse 0:09:21
- Glenn Miller: Jukebox Saturday Night, Serenade in Blue, At Last; Manhattan Serenade (Harry James); commentary from Paula Kelly, Ray Eberle, Tex Beneke, George T. Simon 0:11:33
- Bing Crosby: White Christmas, Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire in the Paramount movie Holiday Inn, Road to Morocco, Moonlight Becomes You; commentary by Bing Crosby, Jimmy Van Heusen 0:10:38
- Montage of upcoming features; Amen (Woody Herman) 0:05:04
We've identified this sound as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this recording useful in their work.
Pop Chronicles 1940s Program #7, audio recording, 1972; San Francisco. (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1633237/: accessed March 25, 2023), University of North Texas Libraries, UNT Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Music Library.