Pop Chronicles 1940s Program #6
Jump to Track:
- I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire (The Ink Spots); montage on wartime culture 0:07:33
- More wartime songs: Lili Marlene (Hildegarde); I Don't Want to Walk Without You (Harry James and Helen Forrest); Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree (The Andrews Sisters, then Glenn Miller); commentary from Georgie Jessel, Helen Forrest, Patty Andrews 0:09:45
- Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition (Kay Kyser); military/industrial mobilization; Glenn Miller - String of Pearls; Kalamazoo; Moonlight Cocktail; commentary from Tex Beneke 0:11:14
- "Little Moron" jokes; Jersey Bounce (Benny Goodman); Sleepy Lagoon (Harry James); I Had the Strangest Dream Last Night (Harry James with Helen Forrest); commentary from Freddy Martin, George T. Simon, Harry James, Helen Forrest 0:10:27
- Deep in the Heart of Texas (Horace Heidt and his Musical Knights); I Said No (Alvino Rey with Yvonne King); Who Wouldn't Love You (Kay Kyser); commentary from George T. Simon, Frankie Carle, King Sisters 0:09:27
- Montage of upcoming features; commentary from Bing Crosby; Deep in the Heart of Texas (Woody Herman with Bing Crosby) 0:05:10
We've identified this sound as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this recording useful in their work.
Pop Chronicles 1940s Program #6, audio recording, 1972; San Francisco. (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1633232/: accessed June 3, 2023), University of North Texas Libraries, UNT Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Music Library.