Pop Chronicles 1940s Program #8
Jump to Track:
- Commentary from Sammy Cahn; I've Heard that Song Before (Harry James with Helen Forrest) 0:05:42
- But Not for Me (Harry James with Helen Forrest); I Heard You Cried Last Night (Harry James with Helen Forrest); All or Nothing At All (Frank Sinatra); It's Started All Over Again (Tommy Dorsey with Frank Sinatra); commentary from Helen Forrest, Harry James, Frank Sinatra 0:12:15
- In the Blue of Evening (Frank Sinatra); Sinatra's closing performance with Tommy Dorsey and introduction of Dick Haymes; The Song Is You (Frank Sinatra) 0:07:22
- Sunday, Monday, Or Always (Frank Sinatra); American Federation of Musicians strike and industry adaptation; Pistol-Packin' Mama (Bing Crosby with the Andrews Sisters, Vic Schoen and his Orchestra); People Will Say We're in Love (Bing Crosby); commentary by Jimmy Van Heusen, George T. Simon, Freddy Martin, Harry James, Patty Andrews, Bing Crosby 0:11:32
- People Will Say We're in Love (from overture to Oklahoma); discussion the musical Oklahoma; commentary from Oscar Hammerstein II and Richard Rodgers; Oh What a Beautiful Morning; Out of My Dreams; I Can't Say No; Surrey with the Fringe on Top; Pore Judd is Daid; Oklahoma 0:12:16
- Montage of upcoming features; radio excerpt: opening night on Broadway; Overture to Oklahoma 0:05:46
We've identified this sound as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this recording useful in their work.
Pop Chronicles 1940s Program #8, audio recording, 1972; San Francisco. (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1633217/: accessed June 3, 2023), University of North Texas Libraries, UNT Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Music Library.