Pop Chronicles 1940s Program #20
Jump to Track:
- Track One 0:05:12
- Across the Alley from the Alamo (Mills Brothers); Tico Tico (Andrews Sisters); The Lady from 29 Palms (Andrews Sisters); Cuanto La Gusta (Andrews Sisters with Carmen Miranda); commentary from Harry Mills, Joe Green, Patty Andrews (about Carmen Miranda), Andy Russell 0:11:21
- Allegro (musical); How Are Things in Glocca Morra (Buddy Clark); So Far (Frank Sinatra); commentary from Oscar Hammerstein 0:09:40
- Golden Earrings (Peggy Lee), music of Victor Young; wedding of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip; I'll Dance at Your Wedding (Buddy Clark); Serenade of the Bells (Jo Stafford); Temptation parody (Jo Stafford with Red Ingle); commentary from Jay Livingston, Patty Andrews, Perry Como 0:14:12
- The Best Things in Life Are Free (Dinah Shore); nostalgia and second recording ban; I'm Looking Over a Four-Leaf Clover (Art Mooney); Twelfth Street Rag (Pee Wee Hunt); commentary from Art Mooney 0:08:01
- Montage of upcoming features 0:02:19
We've identified this sound as a primary source within our collections. Researchers, educators, and students may find this recording useful in their work.
Pop Chronicles 1940s Program #20, audio recording, 197X; San Francisco. (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1633213/: accessed March 25, 2023), University of North Texas Libraries, UNT Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Music Library.