FCC Record, Volume 1, No. 7, Pages 1267 to 1368, December 22, 1986 - January 2, 1987 Page: 1,313
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
Federal Communications Commission Record
we need not reach the question of federal preemption of
state regulation of public coast stations.6 Having decided
not to adopt rules, however, we recognize there may be
cases where individual stations or systems of stations may
have excess capacity on an hourly, daily or seasonal basis
and could design a subsidiary service to vehicles which
would ensure against interference to or derogation of
maritime communications. Upon request, we will consider
such cases for a waiver of the rules on an ad hoc
9. For the reasons set forth above, IT IS ORDERED,
That this proceeding IS TERMINATED.
10. IT IS FURTHER ORDERED, That a copy of this
Report and Order shall be sent to the Chief Counsel for
Advocacy of the Small Business Administration.
11. Regarding questions on this matter contact Robert
DeYoung at (202) 632-7175.
FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION
William J. Tricarico
1. Gateway Communications, Inc.
2. K-Six Television, Inc.
3. Maximum Service Telecasters, Inc.
1. American Electric Power Service Corp.
2. American Institute of Merchant Shipping
3. Coast Guard, United States
4. Marine Telephone Co.
5. Midland Enterprises, Inc.
6. Mohr, Robert L.
7. National Marine Electronics Assn.
8. Northwest Instrument
9. Offshore Navigation, Inc.
10. Phillips Communications, Inc.
11. River Communications, Inc.
12. Tittle, Thomas W. d/b/a Burns Harbor Radio
13. "VHF Public Coast Station Licensees": Delcambre
Telephone Co., Inc.; Harbor Communications, Inc.;
Houser Communications, Inc.; Mobile Radio Communications,
Inc.; Texoma Mobilfone, Inc.; Com/Nav Marine,
Inc.; Cameron Telephone Company; and Mobile
Telephone Service of Wheeling, West Virginia, Inc.
(Jeremiah Courtney, Atty.)
14. Waterway Communications System, Inc.
1. Bangert, David J., Limited Leasing Company
2. Brewick, H.L., TPC Transportation Company
3. Develle, Louis J., III, Mississippi River Grain Elevator,
4. Franklin, Webb (Congressman)
5. Gunderson, Steve (Congressman)
6. Hubbard, Donald L., Hubbard Marine Service, Inc.
7. Lawson, Vance, Lawson (b)
the costs or charges of maritime subscribers who do not wish to
use the other communications services not be increased because
of the subsidiary service offering; (c) the quality, growth or
availability of the licensee's maritime service offerings not be
materially diminished by the subsidiary service offering; (d) the
subsidiary service does not violate or not be otherwise inconsistent
with other Commission regulations or policies; and (e) the
Commission be notified prior to the commencement of such
2 See Report and Order in CC Docket No. 80-57, 95 FCC 2d
3 See USCG comments at para. 2.
4 We recently considered similar issues in the aviation service
when we authorized administrative messages on aeronautical
enroute frequencies on a secondary basis. See PR Docket 85-292
released August 5, 1986, FCC 86-324. Those messages, in contrast
to the maritime public correspondence messages involved
here, were data communications whose secondary priority was
guaranteed by system design.
5 In this connection, the request of some public coast station
Here’s what’s next.
This book can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Book.
United States. Federal Communications Commission. FCC Record, Volume 1, No. 7, Pages 1267 to 1368, December 22, 1986 - January 2, 1987, book, January 1987; Washington D.C.. (digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc1579/m1/52/: accessed October 22, 2018), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.