Workflow Tools for Digital Curation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Workflow Tools for Digital Curation
Author: Weidner, AndrewCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Alemneh, Daniel GelawCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
- Creation: 2013-04-17
- Content Description: This article discusses workflow tools for digital curation.
- Physical Description: 12 p.
- Keyword: digital curation
- Keyword: information access
- Keyword: AutoHotkey
- Keyword: Selenium IDE
- Keyword: programming
- Journal: Code4Lib Journal, 2013, Code4Lib
- Publication Title: Code4Lib
- Issue: 20
- Peer Reviewed: True
- Is Version Of: http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/8419
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- ISSN: 1940-5758
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc157307
- Academic Department: Digital Projects Unit
- Display Note: Abstract: Maintaining usable and sustainable digital collections requires a complex set of actions that address the many challenges of various stages of the digital object lifecycle. Digital curation activities enhance access and retrieval, maintain quality, add value, and facilitate use and re-use over time. Digital resource lifecycle management is becoming an increasingly important topic as digital curators actively explore software tools that perform metadata curation and file management tasks. Accordingly, the University of North Texas (UNT) Libraries develop tools and workflows that streamline production and quality assurance activities. This article demonstrates two open source software tools, AutoHotkey and Selenium IDE, which the UNT Digital Libraries has adopted for use during the pre-ingest and post-ingest stages of the digital resource lifecycle.