Adding New Content to MKTG 3700 - Marketing and Money Side: 1 of 1
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
LEG 2012: ADDING NEW CONTENT TO MKTG 3700 MARKETING AND MONEY
1. THE FOCAL COURSE 5. RESOURCES FOR THE ONLINE CLASS 9. COMPLETING LEG 2012 OBJECTIVE # i 13. COMPLETING LEG 2012 OBJECTIVE # ii
* MKTG 3700 Marketing and Money (M&M) is an Students go through the 11 Learning Modules, released Illustration of multi-product breakeven mini case and its * LM # 12 also includes other mini cases, such as this, all
undergraduate Marketing Math course. according to the syllabus timeline. blank Excel worksheet. with Excel resources, and some with A+V.
* It is required for marketing majors in the COB * Additional help for solving the mini cases is in the form - --
* It is taught in face to face and online formats. of Camtasia Audio+Videos (A+Vs).
* A majority of students take it face to face. Recorded using the Samson USB Mic.
* The class is organized, in both instructional formats, into Most A+Vs are of the professor solving the case by hand
"Learning Modules or LMs". on a digital writing tablet.
* Other A+Vs demonstrate how to solve mini cases using
the professor's Excel worksheets.
* There are also A+Vs on how to design and solve a case
Excel worksheet from scratch.
* And A+Vs on showcasing the Excel results by designing a
2. PRE-LEG 2012 COURSE CONTENT: THE 11 LMs 6. ONLINE RESOURCES FOR TRADITIONAL CLASS 10. COMPLETING LEG 2012 OBJECTIVE # i 14. COMPLETING LEG 2012 OBJECTIVE # ii
i. Percentages and Weighted Average Students in the face to face format are enrolled in their * Multi product breakeven: solution and formula. LM # 12 ends with a time series forecasting case.
ii. Balance Sheet and Income Statement own Blackboard Learn site - - A+Vs show how to adjust the data for seasonality.
iii. Channel Markups and Markdowns And allowed access to the online materials via that site. * And then forecast using Naive, Moving Average,
iv. Contribution Analysis and Breakeven Point However, resources are activated only AFTER the topics Exponential Smoothing and Simple Regression.
v. Designing a case Excel worksheet from scratch are covered in the classroom. . Since time series data are plentiful, the intent is keep
vl. Creating a PowerPoint from a completed Excel file Therefore, the online resources are designed to be a augmenting this FL Tourism case with new problems.
vii. Product and (viii) Promotion virtual "tutor" in the face to face class.
ix. Price and (x) Place or Distribution his feature maybe unique to MKTG 3700.
xi. Net Present Value.
3. HOW THE CLASS IS TAUGHT 7. LEG 2012 OBJECTIVES 11. COMPLETING LEG 2012 OBJECTIVE # ii 15. NATIONAL RECOGNITION OF APPROACH
* The main M&M teaching vehicle is a min i. Add about 10 new cases, several in the area of multiple- For LEG 2012 objective # 2, a new, online only, self taught
* Accompanied by a blank, professor's Excel .. product breakeven point Learning Module was put together.
* In a semester, cover about 50 cases in the 11 Li II. Add a new 73-slide Learning Module on Market * In this LM # 12, as with the others, the anchor was an
* In the face to face class, various Marketing Mat Measurement and Forecasting. enhanced PDF PowerPoint presentation.
are discussed using these cases. * Within that topics were organized with hyperlinked PDFs,
* The cases are solved in class by hand and/or EY Excel worksheets and A+Vs as in other modules. T"'" "^ 'o
* Students are encouraged to participate by
series of professor questions/prompts. Covered, odule 12 page1 Covered Module 2 p(;ge ,AL' A (GAN ll
* And learn to analyze the cases step-by-ste
* Later on, similar cases are assigned for gra
using the professor's Excel worksheets.
* Students also design the Excel worksheet for one or
"Comprehensive Case" themselves and solve.
S nin station for that CC cas
4. TEACHING THE ONLINE FORMAT 8. COMPLETING LEG 2012 OBJECTIVE # i 12. COMPLETING LEG 2012 OBJECTIVE # ii 16. WANT EVEN MORE DETAILED INFORMATION?
Students in the asynchronous online format are Several new multi-product breakeven cases were first LM # 12 includes 14 forecasting problems, such as this MKTG 3700 Marketing and Money is fully described here:
completely dependent upon UNT Blackboard Learn. located and author/publisher permissions secured. one on Absolute Market Potential or AMP.
* On the website, each Learning Module is anchored by an Afterward each case was re-written to fit the standard Solved step-by-step, in a sequence of slides, with some Gonesh, Gopal, Sun, Gin and Somjit Barat (2010),
enhanced PDF PowerPoint presentation. one page format. A+Vs as well, for help where deemed necessary. "Improving the Marketing Math Skills of Marketing
* Mini case PDFs, their blank Excel worksheets and PDFs of Its blank Excel worksheet then prepared, solved, printed From the problem (left) to its solution (right). Undergraduate Students through a Unique Undergraduate
solutions are hyperlinked within each module. to PDF and both linked in the lesson module PDF. Marketing Math Course': Marketing Education Review.
* The corresponding formula worksheet PDF was also
prepared and linked in the lesson module PDF. An expanded presentation of this poster is located at:
* But the formula hyperlink was subsequently deactivated AMP. Replacement Demand AMP. Replacement Oemand http://facult.coba.unt.edu/ganesh/
by deleting the file. . ": Scroll down to UFTLA2013.
* Thus giving students access to the A+V and the solution I ; i . The UserName is uftla2013
PDF, but not the formula PDF. and pw is goodluck -
* In graded assignments, their challenge is to exactly match , .
II the professor's solution by writing their own formulas. Please feel free to contact me:
1 (940) 565-3129
This poster can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current side of this Poster.
Ganesh, Gopala. Adding New Content to MKTG 3700 - Marketing and Money, poster, April 12, 2013; (digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc157286/m1/1/: accessed March 28, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT College of Business.