Mathematical correlations for describing enthalpies of solvation of organic vapors and gaseous solutes into ionic liquid solvents Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Mathematical correlations for describing enthalpies of solvation of organic vapors and gaseous solutes into ionic liquid solvents
Author: Grubbs, Laura M.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Acree, William E. (William Eugene)Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Abraham, M. H. (Michael H.)Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University College London
Name: Elsevier Science Ltd.Place of Publication: [New York, New York]
- Creation: 2010-09-20
- Content Description: Article discussing the mathematical correlations for describing enthalpies of solvation of organic vapors and gaseous solutes into ionic liquid solvents.
- Physical Description: 23 p.
- Keyword: enthalpy of solvation
- Keyword: ionic liquids
- Keyword: linear solvation energy relationships
- Keyword: solute descriptors
- Journal: Thermochimica Acta, 2010, New York: Elsevier Science Ltd., pp. 87-92
- Publication Title: Thermochimica Acta
- Volume: 509
- Issue: 1-2
- Page Start: 87
- Page End: 92
- Peer Reviewed: True
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT College of Arts and SciencesCode: UNTCAS
- Rights Access: public
- DOI: 10.1016/j.tca.2010.06.008
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc155634
- Academic Department: Chemistry
- Display Note: This is the accepted manuscript version of the article. Reprinted with permission from Elsevier Science Ltd., all rights reserved. The final definitive version is available here: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tca.2010.06.008
- Display Note: Abstract: Previously reported ion-specific equation coefficients for the Abraham general solvation model are updated using recently published enthalpy of solution data for organic solutes dissolved in room temperature ionic liquids (RTILs). Reported for the first time are equation coefficients for 1-hexyloxymethyl-3-methylimidazolium, 1,3-dihexyloxymethylimidazolium, 3-methyl-N-butylpyridinium, tris(pentafluoroethyl)trifluoro phosphate, and tetracyanoborate ions. In total 12 sets of cation-specific and 10 sets of anion-specific equation coefficients have been determined for each model. The derived correlations describe the 942 experimental enthalpies of solvation to within a standard deviation of about 1.65 kJ/mol.