Correlation and prediction of solute transfer to chloroalkanes from both water and the gas phase Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Correlation and prediction of solute transfer to chloroalkanes from both water and the gas phase
Author: Sprunger, Laura M.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Achi, Sai S.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Acree, William E. (William Eugene)Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Abraham, M. H. (Michael H.)Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University College London
Author: Hoekman, DavidCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: David Hoekman Consulting, Inc.
Author: Leo, Albert J.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: BioByte Corp.
Name: Elsevier Science Ltd.Place of Publication: [New York, New York]
- Creation: 2009-07-25
- Content Description: Article discussing research on the correlation and prediction of solute transfer to chloroalkanes from both water and the gas phase.
- Physical Description: 71 p.
- Keyword: carbon tetrachloride
- Keyword: chloroform
- Keyword: dichloromethane
- Keyword: 1-chlorobutane
- Keyword: partition coefficients
- Keyword: molecular solute descriptors
- Journal: Fluid Phase Equilibria, 2009, New York: Elsevier Science Ltd., pp. 144-162
- Publication Title: Fluid Phase Equilibria
- Volume: 281
- Issue: 2
- Page Start: 144
- Page End: 162
- Peer Reviewed: True
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT College of Arts and SciencesCode: UNTCAS
- Rights Access: public
- DOI: 10.1016/j.fluid.2009.04.012
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc155630
- Academic Department: Chemistry
- Display Note: This is the accepted manuscript version of the article. Reprinted with permission from Elsevier Science Ltd., all rights reserved. The final definitive version is available here: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fluid.2009.04.012
- Display Note: Abstract: Data have been compiled from the published literature on the partition coefficients of solutes and vapors into chloroform, carbon tetrachloride, dichloromethane and 1-chlorobutane from both water and from the gas phase. The logarithms of the water-to-chloroalkane (log P) and gas-to-chloroalkane partition coefficients (log K) are correlated with the Abraham solvation parameter model. The derived correlations describe the observed log P and log K values within standard deviations of about 0.13-0.20 log units. For chloroform and carbon tetrachloride, the derived correlations were validated using training set and test set analyses.