Enthalpy of Solvation Correlations for Gaseous Solutes Dissolved in Chloroform and 1,2-dichloroethane Based on the Abraham Model Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Enthalpy of Solvation Correlations for Gaseous Solutes Dissolved in Chloroform and 1,2-dichloroethane Based on the Abraham Model
Author: Mintz, ChristinaCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Burton, KatherineCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Acree, William E. (William Eugene)Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Abraham, M. H. (Michael H.)Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University College London
Name: Elsevier Science Ltd.Place of Publication: [Amsterdam, Netherlands]
- Creation: 2007-09-15
- Content Description: This article discusses enthalpy of solvation correlations for gaseous solutes dissolved in chloroform and 1,2-dichloroethane based on the Abraham model.
- Physical Description: 25 p.
- Keyword: enthalpy of solvation
- Keyword: enthalpy of transfers
- Keyword: mathematical correlations
- Keyword: partition coefficients
- Keyword: solvation parameter model
- Journal: Fluid Phase Equilibria, 2007, Amsterdam: Elsevier Science Ltd., pp. 191-198
- Publication Title: Fluid Phase Equilibria
- Volume: 258
- Issue: 2
- Page Start: 191
- Page End: 198
- Peer Reviewed: True
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT College of Arts and SciencesCode: UNTCAS
- Rights Access: public
- DOI: 10.1016/j.fluid.2007.06.016
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc155628
- Academic Department: Chemistry
- Display Note: This is the accepted manuscript version of the article. Reprinted with permission from Elsevier Science Ltd., all rights reserved. The final definitive version is available here: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.fluid.2007.06.016
- Display Note: Abstract: Enthalpy of solvation data have been compiled from the published literature for more than 80 solutes dissolved in chloroform and 1,2-dichloromethane. Mathematical correlations based on the Abraham general solvation parameter model are developed for describing the experimental solvation enthalpies to within standard deviations of 2.10 kJ/mol (chloroform) and 1.72 kJ/mol (1,2-dichloroethane). Division of the measured values into a training set and a test set shows that there is no bias in predictions, and that the estimative capability of the correlations is better than 2.5 kJ/mol.