Working Baby Boomers’ Knowledge of Retiree Health Benefits and Costs Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Working Baby Boomers’ Knowledge of Retiree Health Benefits and Costs
Author: Henning, Janet L.Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Swan, James H.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Turner, K. Whisnant (Keith Whisnant)Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Ingman, Stanley R.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, TexasAdditional Info: www.unt.edu
- Creation: 2012-08
- Content Description: This study was exploratory in nature, with the purpose of examining the relationships between working Baby Boomers’ knowledge of retirement health benefits and health costs and actions they have taken to prepare for retirement. An online survey was completed by 209 Baby Boomers who are employed by three city governments in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. The research showed that health benefits knowledge does not predict retirement preparation but that Baby Boomers who demonstrate higher levels of knowledge-seeking behavior are more likely to undertake retirement preparation, specifically by purchasing an annuity. Among public sector working Baby Boomers, retirement preparation activities are found to be minimal. Age was found to predict knowledge-seeking behavior, in that older vs. younger Baby Boomers are more likely to engage in knowledge-seeking behavior related to retirement preparation. Current knowledge about health benefits does not predict retirement preparation.
- Keyword: Baby boomers
- Keyword: health benefits
- Keyword: health costs
- Keyword: retirees
- Keyword: retirement planning
- Keyword: public sector employees
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Henning, Janet L.
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights Reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc149607
- Academic Department: Department of Sociology
- Degree Discipline: Applied Gerontology
- Degree Level: Doctoral
- Degree Name: Doctor of Philosophy
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas
- Degree Publication Type: disse