[Photograph of Dr. Edison Fowlks holding a Erlenmeyer flask] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Photograph of Dr. Edison Fowlks holding a Erlenmeyer flask]
- Series Title Dallas/Fort Worth Black Living Legends
- Series Title Dallas/Fort Worth Black Living Legends, 1987
- Creation: 1987
- No Language
- Content Description: Photograph of Dr. Edison Fowlks, a scientist in biology, seen working in his lab. Fowlks has been photographed standing in front of a shelf of test tubes and beakers and holding up one Erlenmeyer flask to examine.
- Physical Description: 1 photograph : negative, col. ; 35 mm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Black Academy of Arts and Letters (Dallas, Tex.)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: People - Individuals
- Keyword: TBAAL
- Named Person: Fowlks, Dr. Edison
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Science and Technology - Biology
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Medicine - Doctors
- Keyword: portraits
- Keyword: biology equipment
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Business, Economics and Finance - Service Industries - Photography
- Keyword: Living Legends
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
- Coverage Date: [..1987]
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Preferred Citation: The Black Academy of Arts and Letters Records (AR0797), University of North Texas Special Collections
Name: The Black Academy of Arts and Letters RecordsCode: BLACKA
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- Rights Statement: Copyright for all content in the TBAAL Archive is owned solely by The Black Academy of Arts and Letters. Inquiries to obtain permission for commercial and/or non-educational use of materials from the TBAAL Archive should be directed to Curtis King, president, The Black Academy of Arts and Letters.
- Rights Holder: The Black Academy of Arts and Letters
- Rights License: copyright
- Accession or Local Control No: UNTA_AR0797-149-02-70
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc1439459
- Display Note: The Junior Black Academy of Arts and Letters presents the exhibition "Dallas Black Living Legends Exhibit" featuring men and women who have made history by continuing a tradition of excellence in their careers and services to their community. A special reception for the exhibition was held on February 2nd, 1987 at the Dallas City Hall.
- Display Note: Dr. Edison R. Fowlks was named one of the honorees of the 1987 Dallas’ Black Living Legends. Dr. Fowlks has been recognized for his work in the biology field, where research in his laboratory led to the development of a two-dimensional RNA fingerprinting technique for studying mammalian RNA viruses.