Use of total beta counts to estimate GI tract dose rates Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Use of total beta counts to estimate GI tract dose rates
Author: Hall, R. B.Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: USDOE, Washington, DC (United States)
Name: Pacific Northwest LaboratoryPlace of Publication: Richland, WashingtonAdditional Info: Pacific Northwest Lab., Richland, WA (United States)
- Creation: 1965-10-25
- Content Description: It was the practice for several years to estimate the potential dose rate to the gastrointestinal from sanitary water sources by evaluating the results of radiochemical analysis of individual nuclides. The proposed method estimates the GI tract dose from Pasco and Richland domestic water from measurements of the total beta activity, and permits more frequent and more economical evaluation of a variable source of radiation exposure. Beginning with 1964 data, the GI tract dose rate for Richland and Pasco sanitary water has been obtained by multiplying the total beta count by a conversion factor derived from the historical relationship between the radiochemical analyses and the total beta counts. Either the accumulation of more data or changes in the relative abundance of the more significant nuclides in the water may result in changes in this factor.
- Physical Description: 15 p.
- Keyword: Arsenic 76
- STI Subject Categories: 62 Radiology And Nuclear Medicine
- Keyword: Radiation Monitoring
- Keyword: Beta Particles
- Keyword: Man
- Keyword: Unsealed Radionuclides In Therapy
- Keyword: Chromium 51
- Keyword: Copper 64
- Keyword: Zinc 65
- Keyword: Water Utilities
- Keyword: Gastrointestinal Tract
- Keyword: Radiation Doses
- Keyword: Human Populations
- STI Subject Categories: 550604
- Keyword: Neptunium 239
- STI Subject Categories: 63 Radiation, Thermal, And Other Environ. Pollutant Effects On Living Orgs. And Biol. Mat.
- Keyword: Sodium 24
- Keyword: Dose Rates
- Keyword: Hanford Reservation
- Keyword: Urban Areas
- Keyword: Phosphorus 32
- Keyword: Risk Assessment 560151
- Other Information: PBD: 25 Oct 1965
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Other: DE93001317
- Report No.: BNWL-CC--250
- Grant Number: AC06-76RL01830
- DOI: 10.2172/10184686
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 10184686
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc1397428
- Display Note: OSTI; NTIS; GPO Dep.