L-shell x-ray production cross sections for light ions on Sm, Yb, and Pb Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title L-shell x-ray production cross sections for light ions on Sm, Yb, and Pb
Author: Gray, Tom J.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Light, G. M.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Gardner, R. K.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: McDaniel, Floyd Del. (Floyd Delbert), 1942-Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Name: American Physical SocietyPlace of Publication: [College Park, Maryland]
- Creation: 1975-12
- Content Description: This article discusses L-shell x-ray production cross sections for light ions on Sm, Yb, and Pb.
- Physical Description: 6 p.
- Keyword: L-shell
- Keyword: x-ray production
- Keyword: light ions
- Keyword: ion implantation
- Journal: Physical Review A, 1975, College Park: American Institute of Physics, pp. 2393-2398
- Publication Title: Physical Review A
- Volume: 12
- Issue: 6
- Page Start: 2393
- Page End: 2398
- Peer Reviewed: True
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT College of Arts and SciencesCode: UNTCAS
- Rights Access: public
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevA.12.2393
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc139486
- Academic Department: Physics
- Academic Department: Regional Nuclear Physics Laboratory
- Display Note: Copyright 1975 American Physical Society. Physical Review A, 12(6), http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevA.12.2393
- Display Note: Abstract: L-shell x-ray production cross sections for the Ll, Lα₁,₂, Ly₁, and Ly₂,₃₍₆₎ have been measured for ¹H, ⁴He, and ⁷Li on Yb and Pb and for ⁴He and ⁷Li on Sm. The energy ranges for the incident-ion species were 0.3 to 2.4 MeV/amu for ¹H, 0.15 to 4.4 MeV/amu for ⁴He, and 0.9 to 3.0 MeV/amu for ⁷Li. Comparisons of the Lα₁,₂, Ly₁, and Ly₂,₃₍₆₎ x-ray production cross-section data have been made to the predictions of the plane-wave Born approximation (PWBA) and the PWBA with corrections for Coulomb deflection and/or binding-energy effects. The comparisons show that for the individual x-ray production cross sections, there are problems associated with the binding-energy correction calculations for the Ly₁ and Ly₂,₃ x-ray data. Furthermore, measurements of the ration of Lα₁,₂ to Ly₂,₃ x-ray intensities do not support the use of an increased effective binding energy in the PWBA formulation.