Development of a small-channel nucleate-boiling heat transfer correlation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Development of a small-channel nucleate-boiling heat transfer correlation
Author: Kasza, K. E.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Wambsganss, M. W.Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: USDOE, Washington, DC (United States)
Name: Argonne National LaboratoryPlace of Publication: IllinoisAdditional Info: Argonne National Lab., IL (United States)
- Creation: 1994-06-01
- Content Description: Development of an improved semimechanistic-based set of correlation parameters for nucleation-dominant flow-boiling heat transfer in small channels is described. Formulation of these parameters is on the basis of a recently published open-literature model for vapor bubble growth at a heated surface. This work is part of a program directed at obtaining an understanding of the physical mechanisms that influence boiling in compact heat exchangers through the use of high-speed video and microscope optics to characterize bubble nucleation, growth, and interaction with the confining walls of small heat transfer passages. The correlation parameters presented here represent the first step in the development of an improved boiling correlation for geometrically confined small-channel flows. In such flows, the nucleating bubbles can become nominally the same size as the channel cross section, thereby invalidating existing correlations that are based on large-channel data. Initial efforts to correlate small-channel-boiling data obtained at Argonne National Laboratory from nontransparent electrically heated metal tube tests appear promising.
- Physical Description: 32 p.
- Keyword: Heat Transfer
- Keyword: Nucleate Boiling
- Keyword: Heat Transfer And Fluid Flow
- Keyword: Mathematical Models
- STI Subject Categories: 42 Engineering
- Keyword: Bubbles
- Keyword: Flow Visualization
- Keyword: Correlation Functions 420400
- Keyword: Heat Exchangers
- Other Information: PBD: Jun 1994
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Other: DE95004243
- Report No.: ANL--94/32
- Grant Number: W-31109-ENG-38
- DOI: 10.2172/10197012
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 10197012
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc1394769
- Display Note: OSTI; NTIS; GPO Dep.