Starve the Squander Bug : buy more war bonds. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Starve the Squander Bug : buy more war bonds.
- Series Title American War Posters
Artist: Seuss, Dr.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Theodore ("Ted") Seuss Geisel (March 2, 1904-September 24, 1991), born in Springfield Massachuetts. Began writing while attending Dartmouth, where he first used the pen-name Seuss. Attended Oxford, left before finishing his degree. Worked as a cartoonist and in advertising. Served in the U.S. Army Signal Corps during World War II making movies for the war effort. Began illustrating and writing children's books. Became internationally known for his work, and a favorite of several generations of children.
Author: United States. War Finance Division.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: [Washington D.C.]
- Creation: 1943
- Content Description: Long, narrow poster formed as a banner. At each end of the banner is a red area with green circle, in front of which is an image of the "Squander Bug" eating money. Text in black and green on gray center section.
- Physical Description: 1 poster : col. ; 30 x 116 cm.
- Keyword: war finance
- Keyword: war bonds
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American -- 1939-1945 -- Specimens.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- United States -- Posters -- Specimens.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Finance -- United States -- Posters -- Specimens.
- Keyword: Squander Bug
- Keyword: Dr. Seuss
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1943
- Start Date: 1939
- End Date: 1945
Name: World War Poster CollectionCode: WWPC
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: Database No. 815
- Call Number: Posters WW2 Seuss 1
- UNT Catalog No.: b2665114
- OCLC: 12624542
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc138
- Display Note: The "Squander Bug" was drawn as part of the work done by Theodor Seuss Geisel (known as Dr. Seuss) during World War II. "WFD 866" "1943-O-555548" Not listed in GPO Monthly Catalog. Rare Book & Texana Collections purchase, October 2004.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Vidar Latitude