Renewal and memory properties in the random growth of surfaces Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Renewal and memory properties in the random growth of surfaces
Author: Cakir, RasitCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Grigolini, PaoloCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Ignaccolo, MassimilianoCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
- Creation: 2008-02-04
- Content Description: Article discussing the renewal and memory properties in the random growth of surfaces.
- Physical Description: 8 p.
- Keyword: ballistic deposition
- Keyword: non-Poisson renewal
- Keyword: science of complexity
- Website: arXiv: cond-mat/0610245
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT College of Arts and SciencesCode: UNTCAS
- Rights Access: public
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc132977
- Academic Department: Physics
- Academic Department: Center for Nonlinear Science
- Display Note: This is a preprint version of the article.
- Display Note: Abstract: We use the model of ballistic deposition as a simple way to establish cooperation among the columns of a growing surface, 'the single individual of the same society.' We show that cooperation generates memory properties and at same time non-Poisson renewal events. The variable generating memory can be regarded as the velocity of a particle driven by a bath with the same time scale, and the variable generating renewal processes is the corresponding diffusional coordinate.