Spring Food Habits of Corydalus Cornutus L. in the Brazos River, Texas Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Spring Food Habits of Corydalus Cornutus L. in the Brazos River, Texas
Author: Friday, Gary P.Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Stewart, Kenneth W.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Zimmerman, Earl G.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1971-08
- Content Description: The objective of this study was to determine the kinds and numbers of food organisms consumed by Corydalus cornutus, and to investigate its periodicity of feeding during the spring months in the Brazos River, Palo Pinto County, Texas. A total of 468 larvae were collected at two-week intervals from February 29 to May 14, 1971. Larvae were taken at opportunity during three periods of the day, 6am.-12pm., 12pm.-6pm., and 6pm.-12am. A total of 23 different food items was observed in the 121 stomachs containing food. An expedient method of dissection of the digestive tract is included.
- Physical Description: [iv], 13 leaves
- Keyword: Corydalus cornutus
- Keyword: Brazos river
- Keyword: food
- Keyword: larvae
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Palo Pinto County
- Start Date: 1971-02-29
- End Date: 1971-05-14
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Rights Holder: Friday, Gary P.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Call Number: 379 N81 no.4316
- Accession or Local Control No: n_04316
- UNT Catalog No.: b2202934
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc131411
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State University
- Degree Name: Master of Arts
- Academic Department: Department of Biology
- Degree Discipline: Biology