The Effectiveness of Sociometric Grouping in Improving the Social Status of Rejected Girls in Eighth-grade Homemaking Classes Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Effectiveness of Sociometric Grouping in Improving the Social Status of Rejected Girls in Eighth-grade Homemaking Classes
Author: Bissell, Mary ElviraCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Luecke, Editha, b. 1894Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Beamer, George C.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Name: North Texas State CollegePlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1953-08
- Content Description: The purpose of the present study is to determine the effectiveness of sociometric groupings in bringing about improved social status of rejected girls in eighth-grade homemaking classes. Specifically, the study seeks to answer to the questions: Do significant changes occur in personal and social adjustment when pupils are placed in groups according to their choice? Is there evidence of improved social status of rejected pupils when sociometric groupings are used throughout the year?
- Physical Description: v, 46 leaves : ill.
- Keyword: sociometric grouping
- Keyword: social status
- Keyword: rejected girls
- Keyword: homemaking classes
- Keyword: eightth-grade
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Junior high school girls -- Social conditions.
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Jefferson County - Orange
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Rights Holder: Bissell, Mary Elvira
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Call Number: 379 N81 no.2211
- Accession or Local Control No: n_02211
- UNT Catalog No.: b2480049
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc130318
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State College
- Degree Name: Master of Science
- Academic Department: School of Home Economics
- Degree Discipline: Home Economics