Rediscovery of the Elements: The Noble Gases--Rayleigh and Ramsay Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Rediscovery of the Elements: The Noble Gases--Rayleigh and Ramsay
- Series Title Rediscovery of the Elements
Author: Marshall, James L., 1940-Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Marshall, Virginia R.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Name: Alpha Chi SigmaPlace of Publication: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Creation: 2012-23
- Content Description: Article describing the discovery of argon, helium, and other inert gases by Lord Rayleigh, Sir William Ramsay, and other collaborators. Ramsay also characterized the noble gases and classified them within the structure of the Periodic Table of Elements.
- Physical Description: 36-41 p. : col. ill. ; 28 cm.
- Keyword: scientific research
- Keyword: chemical elements
- Keyword: science
- Keyword: technology
- Keyword: chemistry
- Keyword: tourism
- Keyword: noble gases
- Keyword: argon
- Keyword: helium
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Rayleigh, John William Strutt, Baron, 1842-1919.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Ramsay, William, 1852-1916.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Gases, Rare.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Travers, Morris William, b. 1872.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Dewar, James, 1842-1923.
- Keyword: inert gases
- Keyword: discoveries
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Soddy, Frederick, 1877-1956.
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1720~
- End Date: 2012
- Place Name: England - Greater London Metropolitan Area - London
- Place Name: Poland
- Place Name: Netherlands
- Place Name: Scotland - Glasgow Unitary Authority - Glasgow
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Harris County - Houston
- Journal: The Hexagon, Volume 103, Number 3, Fall 2012, Alpha Chi Sigma, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Publication Title: The Hexagon
- Volume: 103
- Issue: 3
- Page Start: 36
- Page End: 41
- Pages: 6
- Is Part Of: The Hexagon, Volume 103, Number 3, Winter 2012, ark:/67531/metadc130207
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT College of Arts and SciencesCode: UNTCAS
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc130206
- Academic Department: Chemistry