Critical Pedagogy: Translation for Education that is Multicultural Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Critical Pedagogy: Translation for Education that is Multicultural
Author: Moss, GlendaCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas at Dallas; Indiana University-Purdue University at Fort Wayne
Name: Caddo Gap PressPlace of Publication: [San Francisco, California]
- Creation: 2001
- Content Description: Article on a study examining the translation of multicultural learning activities in a college classroom into critical pedagogy in the public school classrooms.
- Physical Description: 10 p.
- Keyword: multiculturalism
- Keyword: pedagogy
- Keyword: education
- Journal: Multicultural Education, 2001, San Francisco: Caddo Gap Press, pp. 2-11
- Publication Title: Multicultural Education
- Volume: 9
- Issue: 2
- Edition: Winter
- Page Start: 2
- Page End: 11
- Peer Reviewed: True
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT DallasCode: UNTD
- Rights Access: public
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc130204
- Academic Department: Teacher Education and Administration
- Display Note: Abstract: The purpose of this study is to critically examine a graduate level multicultural education course to determine its effectiveness in preparing teachers as critical pedagogues. Specifically, the study examines the translation of multicultural learning activities in a college classroom into critical pedagogy in the public school classrooms.