Report on the Lands of the Arid Region of the United States, with a More Detailed Account of the Lands of Utah. With Maps. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Report on the Lands of the Arid Region of the United States, with a More Detailed Account of the Lands of Utah. With Maps.
Author: Powell, John Wesley,; 1834-1902Creator Type: Personal
Name: Govt. Print. Off.Place of Publication: Washington
- Creation: 1879
- Digitized: 2006-05
- Content Description: A report on the lands of the Arid Region of the United States, including their agricultural and grazing potential as well as a statement of the rainfall of the western portion of the United States.
- Physical Description: xv, 195 p. maps, 30 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Rain and rainfall -- West (U.S.)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Irrigation -- Utah.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Irrigation -- West (U.S.)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Public lands -- United States.
- Keyword: land use
- Keyword: development
- Keyword: land-cover change
- Keyword: plains
- Keyword: grasslands
- Keyword: deserts
- Keyword: prairies
- Keyword: forests
- Keyword: water rights
- Keyword: water issues
- Keyword: freshwater
- Keyword: rainfall
- Keyword: paleoclimatology
- Keyword: desertification
- Keyword: overgrazing
- Keyword: rivers
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Utah
Name: Government Documents General CollectionCode: UNTGOV
Name: Environmental Policy CollectionCode: ESDC
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 4902901
- Government Documents No.: I 17.2:Ar 4
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc125
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Zeutschel OS 10000