Egypt: Background and U.S. Relations Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Egypt: Background and U.S. Relations
Author: Sharp, Jeremy M.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Middle Eastern Affairs
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2012-09-13
- Content Description: This report provides an overview of Egyptian politics and current issues in U.S.-Egyptian relations. It briefly provides a political history of modern Egypt, an overview of its political institutions, and a discussion of the prospects for democratization in Egypt. U.S.-Egyptian relations are complex and multi-faceted, and this report addresses the following current topics: the Arab-Israeli peace process, Iraq, terrorism, democratization and reform, human rights, trade, and military cooperation.
- Physical Description: 22 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign policy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Human rights
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Terrorism
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations -- Egypt -- U.S.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign relations -- U.S. -- Egypt
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Criminal justice
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Civil liberties
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: International affairs
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Politics and government
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Place Name: Egypt
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL33003
- Accession or Local Control No: RL33003_2012Sep13
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc122295