Chinese Tire Imports: Section 421 Safeguards and the World Trade Organization (WTO) Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Chinese Tire Imports: Section 421 Safeguards and the World Trade Organization (WTO)
Author: Grimmett, Jeanne J.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Legislative Attorney
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2012-08-24
- Content Description: This report discusses World Trade Organization (WTO) safeguards provisions contained in Article XIX of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) and the Agreement on Safeguards; the WTO China-specific safeguard and how it differs from preexisting WTO provisions; authorities and procedures set out in Section 421 of the Trade Act of 1974; the International Trade Commission (ITC) determination and the President's decision to provide relief in the 2009 China tires case; and China's WTO case against the U.S. tire safeguard.
- Physical Description: 35 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: International trade
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Trade
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign economic relations -- China -- U.S.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Foreign economic relations -- U.S. -- China
- Item is not a Primary Source
- Place Name: China
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: R40844
- Accession or Local Control No: R40844_2012Aug24
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc122192