Empowering Digital Libraries Users through Combining Taxonomies with Folksonomies [Poster] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Empowering Digital Libraries Users through Combining Taxonomies with Folksonomies [Poster]
Author: Alemneh, Daniel GelawCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Rorissa, AbebeCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of Albany
Organizer of meeting: American Society for Information Science and TechnologyContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 2012-10
- Content Description: Poster presented at the 2012 ASIS&T Annual Meeting. This poster presents discussion on empowering digital library users through combining taxonomies and folksonomies.
- Physical Description: 1 p.
- Keyword: taxonomies
- Keyword: folksonomies
- Keyword: digital libraries
- Keyword: indexing terms
- Meeting: American Society for Information Science and Technology (ASIS&T) Seventy-Fifth Annual Meeting, 2012, Baltimore, Maryland, United States
- Is Version Of: Empowering Digital Libraries Users through Combining Taxonomies with Folksonomies, ark:/67531/metadc122173
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc122175
- Academic Department: Digital Projects Unit