Effects of various polishing media and techniques on the surface finish and behavior of laser glasses Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Effects of various polishing media and techniques on the surface finish and behavior of laser glasses
Author: Landingham, R.L.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Casey, A.W.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Lindahl, R.O.Creator Type: Personal
Name: Lawrence Livermore LaboratoryPlace of Publication: Livermore, CaliforniaAdditional Info: California Univ., Livermore (USA). Lawrence Livermore Lab.
- Creation: 1978-11-07
- Content Description: The advance of high-power laser technology is dependent on the rate of advancement in laser glass forming and surface preparation. The threshold damage of glass surfaces continues to be a weak link in the overall advancement of laser technology. Methods were developed and used in the evaluation of existing glass surface preparation techniques. Modified procedures were evaluated to reduce surface contamination and subsurface defects. Polishing rates were monitored under controlled polishing conditions (purity, pH, particle size distribution, particle concentration, etc.). Future work at LLL for this ongoing investigation is described.
- Physical Description: Pages: 28
- STI Subject Categories: 420300 -- Engineering-- Lasers-- (-1989)
- STI Subject Categories: 36 Materials Science
- STI Subject Categories: 42 Engineering
- Keyword: Mechanical Polishing
- Keyword: Glass
- Keyword: Surface Finishing 360601* -- Other Materials-- Preparation & Manufacture
- Keyword: Laser Materials
- Keyword: Polishing
- Keyword: Performance
- Conference: Symposium on ceramic machining and surface finishing, Washington, DC, USA, 13 Nov 1978
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Report No.: UCRL-81220
- Report No.: CONF-781143-2
- Grant Number: W-7405-ENG-48
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 6516304
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc1203356
- Display Note: Dep. NTIS, PC A03/MF A01.