Draft Report of the 26th Session of the IPCC Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Draft Report of the 26th Session of the IPCC
- Series Title Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
- Added Title Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, Twenty Sixth Session, Bangkok, Thailand, 30 April - 4 May 2007
Organizer of meeting: Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)Creator Type: Organization
Organizer of meeting: World Metrological Organization (WMO)Creator Type: Organization
Organizer of meeting: United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)Creator Type: Organization
Name: Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)Place of Publication: Geneva, SwitzerlandAdditional Info: The Intergovernmental Panel of Climate Change is the leading body for the assessment of climate change, established by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) to provide the world with a clear scientific view on the current state of climate change and its potential environmental and socio-economic consequences. The IPCC is an intergovernmental body, and it is open to all member countries of UN and WMO.
- Creation: 2007-05
- Content Description: The IPCC Panel at its 26th session called on partnerships and collaboration to address climate change, as well as a better understanding of social and economic dimensions of mitigation and adaptation. The Panel recalls its support for decoupling the climate modeling work from the emission scenario development work, in order to allow climate modelers a quick start with their work after the completion of the AR4. Also, the Panel now requests the Steering Committee on New Scenarios to prepare a few benchmark concentration scenarios through the IPCC Expert Meeting 19-22 September 2007 in Noordwijkerhout, The Netherlands. These benchmark concentration scenarios should be compatible with the full range of stabilization, mitigation and baseline emission scenarios available in the current scientific literature.
- Keyword: climate change
- Keyword: mitigations
- Keyword: economic dimensions
- Keyword: human contributions and responses
- Keyword: decision-support resources
- Keyword: environmental laws
Name: Environmental Policy CollectionCode: ESDC
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- URL: http://www.ipcc.ch/meetings/session26/draft-report.pdf
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc11912
- Display Note: Ninth Session of IPCC Working Group III and Twenty Sixth Session of the IPCC. IPCC-XXVI [IPCC-26] [date.harvested: 2009-09-10].