[White "Injustice Anywhere is Injustice Everywhere" poster] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [White "Injustice Anywhere is Injustice Everywhere" poster]
- Creation: 2016-09-21
- Content Description: Poster that was used during a student led demonstration on the UNT campus. The poster includes messages that read "Injustice Anywhere is Injustice Everywhere", "I Love My Black Skin I'm In", "'Just because we're magic doesn't mean we're not real' - Jesse Williams", "all hearts bleed red.", and "Freedom from violence is reproductive justice." The demonstration was held in order to offer a space for discussion and reflection on the Black Lives Matter movement, the incidents that inspired it, and the 2016 election.
- Physical Description: 1 poster ; 20 x 30 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Demonstrations -- Texas -- Denton -- Posters.
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Education - Colleges and Universities - University of North Texas
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Education - Schools - Students
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs
- Keyword: posters
- Keyword: signs
- Keyword: quotes
- Named Person: Williams, Jesse
- Keyword: BLM
- Keyword: Black Lives Matter
- Keyword: movements
- Keyword: demonstrations
- Keyword: UNT
- Keyword: Willis Wall Demonstration
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Denton County - Denton
- Coverage Date: 2016-22~
- Time Period: mod-tim
- Place Point: north=33.210329; east=-97.148693;
- Preferred Citation: Student Demonstration Poster Collection (U0728), University of North Texas Special Collections
Name: Student Demonstration Poster CollectionCode: STDMPO
Name: UNT Libraries Special CollectionsCode: UNTA
- Rights Statement: Reproduction and publication of materials in this collection are subject to the policies of the UNT Special Collections department. Copyright restrictions may apply.
- Accession or Local Control No: UNTA_UO728-02-05
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc1181246
- Display Note: The demonstration began after student Jazmine McGill placed six posters of her own on the exterior wall of Willis Library, more including this one were added by other students. Another demonstration was held in 2017 and those posters are included in this collection.