“Almost Astronauts”: Short Stories Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title “Almost Astronauts”: Short Stories
Author: Miller, Laura I.Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Rodman, BarbaraContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: McCutchan , AnnContributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Friedman, BonnieContributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, TexasAdditional Info: www.unt.edu
- Creation: 2012-05
- Content Description: In this collection of short stories, I abduct experiences from my own life and take them on an imaginative journey. I experiment with elements of structure and point of view, often incorporating the magical or surreal to amplify the narrator’s internal landscape. As demonstrated in the title story, “Almost Astronauts,” these stories all deal with a sudden and sometimes destructive shift in the narrator’s perspective.
- Keyword: Laura Miller
- Keyword: short stories
- Keyword: UNT
- Keyword: magical realism
- Keyword: MA thesis
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Miller, Laura I.
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights Reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc115120
- Academic Department: Department of English
- Degree Discipline: English – Creative Writing
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Name: Master of Arts
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas
- Degree Publication Type: thesi