Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Shoes
Donor: Neiman MarcusContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Neiman-Marcus Co. (USA) (est. 1907 in Dallas, Texas, USA, by Herbert Marcus, Carrie Marcus-Neiman, and Al Neiman)
Retailer: Kahn'sContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: There were at least two "Kahn's" stores in Dallas in the late 1800's, one belonging to Emanuel Mayer Kahn, the other to Leon Kahn.
- Creation: 1890~
- No Language
- Content Description: Pair of heeled shoes of ivory kid leather. The shoes are designed with pointed toes, rounded at the tips. Vamp with beading decoration in white/crystal beads in patterns of scrolls, laurel, stars, etc. Modified Louis heel covered in same leather. Retailer's label: "Made / for / Kahn's / in / Dallas"
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Shoes (Footwear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Shoes
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Beadwork (Visual Works)
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1890~
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1982.011.003
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc114965