Sling-Back Shoes Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Sling-Back Shoes
Manufacturer: Herbert LevineCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Herbert Levine (Company) (USA, est. 1949 by Herbert (1916-1991) and Beth Levine (1914-2006), closed 1975, revived under new ownders 2008) Herbert Levine ran the business, while Beth Levine was the primary designer of the shoes
Designer: Levine, Beth KatzCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Levine, Beth Katz (b. Patchogue, Long Island, USA, 1914 - d. New York, New York, USA, 2006), Primary designer of Herbert Levine shoe company.
Retailer: Neiman MarcusContributor Type: Organization
Donor: Les Femmes du MondeContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 197u
- No Language
- Content Description: Pair of shoes of beige leather. The heeled shoes are designed with slightly pointed closed toe-box, with a large, non-functional curved rectangular textured metal buckle across instep. Sling-back in style, the shoes have a strap of same leather extending from either side of toe-box back, around heel, through short straps at sides, and buckling with small metal buckles at outside ankle. Low, 1 3/4" modified kitten heel. Designer's label inside: "Herbert Levine" Retailer's label inside: "Neiman Marcus" Handwritten inside strap: "7a 2. 4223.9L / 58189"
- Physical Description: Measurements: Length: 25 cm Width: 8cm Height: 10cm Heel: 4cm (1 3/4") high on axis w/cap
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Shoes (Footwear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Shoes
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 197u
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1978.008.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc114936