Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Bonnet
- Added Title Hat
Designer: Lucas, OttoCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Lucas, Otto (b. Germany, 1903 - d. Belgium, 1971)
Donor: Lloyd, Estate of RoseContributor Type: Personal
Retailer: Neiman-MarcusContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Neiman-Marcus Co. (USA) (est. 1907 in Dallas, Texas, USA, by Herbert Marcus, Carrie Marcus-Neiman, and Al Neiman)
- Creation: 1948
- No Language
- Content Description: Poke bonnet of red Milan straw with navy/dark purple velvet fluting. Two hatpins with round, red chenille heads. Designer's label sewn to inner hatband: "Made in England / Model / Otto Lucas / London W1" Retailer's label sewn to designer's label: "Neiman-Marcus / Dallas"
- Physical Description: Measurements: 19 cm. front to back; 24 cm. side to side; 22 cm. top to bottom.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: [1940..1949]
- Place Name: England
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1975.001.075 - was 1900.037.002
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc114897