Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Beret
- Added Title Hat
- Series Title Dallas Museum of Fashion Collection
Designer: Talbot, J. SuzanneCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Talbot, J. Suzanne (active Paris, France, 1919-1939)
Donor: Birge, Mrs. M. ArmstrongContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1930
- No Language
- Content Description: Beret of yellow pin stripe velvet. Lined in silk. Designer's label on inside crown under netting: "J. Suzanne Talbot / Modes / modele depose / Rue Royale . Paris, 14 Rue Royal" Tag on inside hat brim: "Made in France"
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1930
- Place Name: France - Île-de-France Region - Département de Ville de Paris - Paris
- End Date: 1939
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1967.042.056
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc114858
- Display Note: Worn in portrait of donor painted by James Montgomery Flagg.
- Display Note: This object was part of the Dallas Museum of Fashion collection. Founded in 1960 by the Fashion Group, Inc. of Dallas, the collection comprised important items of historic and current fashion. It was housed in the Apparel Mart, Dallas, and operated as the Dallas Museum of Fashion from 1960 until 1971. It moved to what was then North Texas State University in 1972, and became the Texas Fashion Collection.